Our web experts ensure your project needs are met no matter the size or complexity of the project. Our team of designer partners, usability experts, project managers, and programmers have built large-scale dynamic websites, e-commerce sites, simple/clean sites and everything in-between.
Monk Development believes that design is a critical selection criteria for a client. Often users will form an opinion about your company within seconds of visiting your website. Our goal is to pair your design needs with the right designer to ensure you make the right first impression. Monk Development has hand-picked a handful of designers that we work extensively to deliver the right design for you. Monk manages the entire project to ensure your needs are met. Contact us today to learn why this is the best approach for your organization.
View a few of our website development clients.
Monk begins with a usability study to ensure our clients a world-class website. Our team evaluates the effectiveness of the current website, in terms of marketing, strategy, usability, and functionality to evaluate the user's experience. The end result is to integrate the findings and recommendations for the re-designed site in terms of both design and function. The final result will be a comprehensive Site Plan.
Service can include: Audience Identification, Usability Studies Needs Assessment, Best Practices, Competitive Analysis, Application Evaluation.
- Audience Identification: Monk creates a list of primary audience groups for the website and prioritize that list based on the client's goals and objectives. This list will be used to create the key metrics that will determine a successful website.
- Usability Studies: Our team measure the ability of users to find what they need on client's website. This information will help adjust the design or information architecture.
- Needs Assessment: We determine the needs of the client in relation to the website – what is on the current website that needs to be changed or deleted, and what new elements are needed.
- Best Practices: Monk examine practices of other company's websites and their importance and relevance to our client.
- Competitive Analysis: Monk studies competitors websites for strengths and weaknesses.
- Application Evaluation: Monk examines the client's business practices and goals to determine any application development needed for the new website.
Our mission is to build websites that meet web-compliant standards as designated by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Web Standards allows for consistent presentation across the site. One of the benefits of web standards is cross-browser compatibility, with newer browsers getting the full experience, while the site degrades gracefully for older or less able (phone/PDA) browsers.
Web Standards reduces the cost to maintain a website. Web Standards-based pages are little more than a collection of semantically rich tags, with a pointer to a powerful CSS file. This clean separation makes it much easier for you to develop and maintain your pages. Future redesigns can be done rapidly and at a greatly reduced cost because the design is generated by css files.
Web standards-based designs allow usability to people with disabilities, including vision impaired visitors. Sites can be created to adhere to Section 508 Web Accessibility. "Section 508" refers specifically to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998. The law requires Federal agencies to purchase electronic and information technology that is accessible to employees with disabilities, and to the extent that those agencies provide information technology to the public, it too shall be accessible by persons with disabilities.
View a few our portfolio of work.